MiCORES is an iLab Solutions system used by Biomedical Research Core Facilities (BRCF) to perform ordering, billing, and scheduling of scientific products and services. As of 8/9/2016, the following Cores are supported:
- Bioinformatics Core
- Epigenomics Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Metabolomics Core
- Microscopy & Image Analysis Laboratory
- Proteomics & Peptide Synthesis Core
- Sample Preservation Freezer (Freezer Farm)
- Transgenic Animal Model Core
- Vector Core
MiCORES can be accessed at the following link with a Level-1 (UMICH) password:
- U-M faculty, staff, and students can access MiCORES with their university credentials.
- External faculty and staff who use iLab Solutions / Agilent CrossLab at their "home" institution can access the U-M instance using their "home" credentials.
- Individuals associated with the University of Michigan without university credentials and without "home" institution credentials will need to obtain a sponsored account through the MCommunity Sponsor System managed by ITS. Please send a request to email@example.com for assistance obtaining a sponsored account.
Problems with Registration
Some accounts, especially those of individuals involved in the earlier setup and testing, are missing an authentication context. iLab Solutions can resolve the issue. To begin a support ticket with iLab Solutions, click this email template link.
- With a web browser, go to the following link: https://umich.corefacilities.org
Click the link labelled "login".
After the WebLogin screen loads, authenticate with a uniqname and Level-1 (Kerberos) password.
- If prompted regarding sharing personal information with the IT Service Provider, click the Confirm button.
- You may be prompted to authenticate with Duo 2 Factor Authentication - use your mobile device or authentication token to compete this step.
- When logging in for the first time, the iLab Account Registration screen will appear. Supply the requested information, making sure to use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address, and click the "register" button. The PI field (your Primary Investigator) determines which lab you will request access to. Your PI will then receive a message asking them to approve or deny your request to join their lab in MiCores.
7. On initial login, when the home screen appears for the first time, you will be prompted to choose the correct time zone - do so and click "update time zone".
Requesting Access to Additional Cores
After logging in to MiCORES, in the lefthand menu under the core facilities heading, click the list all cores link.
- The screen will display a list of Core Facilities at University of Michigan. Select a core from the list of cores.
- If the current account does not have access to the core, the page will indicate the core requires an additional access request to use the core. Fill the provided field with any additional information and click the Send access request button.
- If the current account has access to the core, the home page for the core will load.
- To learn more about the available services, click the about tab.
- To request services, click the request services tab.
- For cores with equipment, click the schedule equipment tab.
Placing MiCORES Service Requests
The following sequence is the general work flow for placing service requests:
- The customer logs into MiCORES and places a request with the core.
- The core provides a quote for the services requested.
- The customer logs into MiCORES and agrees to the work and projected cost(quote).
- If necessary, the Principal Investigator or a Financial Administrator review the request.
- The core completes the work and bills the researcher.
If appropriate, summary results are made available for download through MiCORES.
Ordering, Scheduling, General Use
For proper use, internal processes, and support, contact the administrator of the specific core:
Accounting and Billing Issues
Problems with the Service
For normal issues with unexpected technical failures, submit a ticket to the iLab Solutions support group: