MiCORES is an iLabs Solutions system used by Biomedical Research Core Facilities (BRCF) to perform ordering, billing, and scheduling of scientific products and services. As of 9/16/2013, the following Cores are currently supported:
MiCORES can be accessed at the following link with a Level-1 (Kerberos) password:
- U-M faculty, staff, and students can access MiCORES with their university credentials.
- Individuals associated with the University of Michigan without university credentials will need to obtain a sponsored account through the MCommunity Sponsor System managed by ITS. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance obtaining a sponsored account.
|Problems with Registration|
Some accounts, especially those of individuals involved in the earlier setup and testing, are missing an authentication context. iLab Solutions can resolve the issue. To begin a support ticket with iLab Solutions, click this email template link.
- With a web browser, go to the following link: https://umich.corefacilities.org
- Click the link labelled here.
- After the WebLogin screen loads, authenticate with a uniqname and Level-1 (Kerberos) password.
- If prompted regarding sharing personal information with the IT Service Provider, click the Confirm button.
- When logging in for the first time, the iLab Account Registration screen will appear. Supply the requested information, particularly a PI and phone number if not present, and click the register button. The PI field determines which cores will be available.
- On initial login, when the home screen appears for the first time, choose the correct time zone and click update time zone.
- After logging in to MiCORES, in the lefthand menu under the core facilities heading, click the list all cores link.
- The screen will display a list of Core Facilities at University of Michigan. Select a core from the list of cores.
- If the current account does not have access to the core, the page will indicate the core requires an additional access request to use the core. Fill the provided field with any additional information and click the Send access request button.
- If the current account has access to the core, the home page for the core will load.
- To learn more about the available services, click the about tab.
- To request services, click the request services tab.
- For cores with equipment, click the schedule equipment tab.
The following sequence is the general work flow for placing service requests:
- The customer logs into MiCORES and places a request with the core.
- The core provides a quote for the services requested.
- The customer logs into MiCORES and agrees to the work and projected cost(quote).
- If necessary, the Principal Investigator or a Financial Administrator review the request.
- The core completes the work and bills the researcher.
- If appropriate, summary results are made available for download through MiCORES.
For proper use, internal processes, and support, contact the administrator of the specific core:
|Flow Cytometry||David Adamsemail@example.com|
|Sample Preservation Freezer (Freezer Farm)||Ati Tislericsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Contact the MSIS Solutions Center Service Desk:
|Phone support||(734) 763-7770|
For normal issues with unexpected technical failures, submit a ticket to the iLab Solutions support group: