A Level-1 password, also referred to as your UMICH password (and formerly as your Kerberos password), is used to access campus resources, such as libraries, ITS email, benefits, and Wolverine Access. To obtain a Level-1 password, contact the ITS accounts office.
Complete information can be found on the ITS Accounts page.
The UMICH Account Management service allows any current member of the U-M community with a uniqname to reset their own Level-1 password if forgotten.
- If you know your Level-1 password, you can change it using the instructions in the next section.
- If you forget your Level-1 password and you set a question/answer set for yourself last time you changed it, go to the UMICH Account Management website to reset your password.
- If you do not know your Level-1 password and did not set a question/answer set, you must contact the ITS Help Desk at 764-8000 or 764-help (or 764-4357). Have your UM ID card ready as they require your ID number in order to reset your password.
- If you know your Level-2 password you can reset your Level-1 password by visiting the following website: https://webdesk.med.umich.edu/user/reset/login.jsp
Changing your Level-1 Password
See the ITS documentation for more information...
- Open a web browser and go to the following address:
- If needed, click the Login link in the upper right corner and log in using your uniqname and current Level-1 password.
- The UMICH Account Management window will load. If necessary, click the Change Password tab.
- Following the criteria on the right, enter a new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click the Change Password button to submit the new password.
- In the upper right corner, click the logout icon to exit the interface.
This new password will serve as both your Level-1 password and your Active Directory password.