A Kerberos (Level-1) password, also referred to as your UMICH password, is used to access campus resources, such as libraries, ITS email, benefits, and Wolverine Access. To obtain a Kerberos password, contact the ITS accounts office.
Complete information can be found on the ITS Accounts page.
- If you know your Kerberos password, you can change it using the instructions in the next section.
- If you forget your UMICH Kerberos password and you set a hint for yourself last time you changed it, go to the password hint page and enter your uniqname to retrieve your hint.
- If you do not know your Kerberos password and did not set a hint, you must contact the ITS Help Desk at 764-8000 or 764-help (or 764-4357). Have your UM ID card ready as they require your ID number in order to reset your password.
- If you know your Level-2 password you can reset your Kerberos password by visiting the following website: https://webdesk.med.umich.edu/user/reset/login.jsp
See the ITS documentation for more information...
- Open a web browser and go to the following address:
- If requested, log in using your uniqname and current Kerberos password
- The University of Michigan: Password Change window will load.
- Enter the current Kerberos password in the Current UMICH Password field.
- Enter a new Kerberos password in the New UMICH Password and Confirm New UMICH Password fields.
- Click the Change Password button to submit the new password.
|This new password will serve as both your Kerberos (Level-1) password and your Active Directory password.|