Alzheimer's Association - Greater Michigan Chapter Support Groups
Alzheimer's Association - Michigan Great Lakes Chapter Support Groups
Ann Arbor / Detroit Area Lewy Body Dementia Support Group
- When: Second Wednesday of each month. 6:30 - 8:00 PM.
- Where: Waltonwood at Cherry Hill (an assisted living and dementia care facility), 42600 Cherry Hill Road, Canton, MI 48188. Note: the entrance to the Dementia Care Facility is on Lilley Road. Please check in at the front desk located in the lobby.
- From Downriver Area: Take I-275 North to Michigan Avenue/US 12 Exit 22. Turn right (west) onto Michigan Avenue. Turn right (north) onto Lilley Road. The entrance is on the left just past Cherry Hill Road.
- From Ann Arbor Area: Take M-14 East to Ford Road/M-153 Exit 42 Turn right (south) onto Lilley Road. The entrance is on the right just before Cherry Hill Road.
- From Detroit Area: Take I-96 West to I-275 South to Ford Road/M-153 Exit 25. Turn right (west) onto Ford Road.Turn left (south) onto Lilley Road. The entrance is on the right just before Cherry Hill Road.
- Who: Caregivers, family members and friends of those diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia.
- Contact: Barb Clark Walters, 734.536.4226
- Note: If you are interested in a support group in a different Michigan location, contact Barb Clark Walters. She maintains a list of requests identifying where geographic needs exist and will advise you when a group forms in your area.
East Michigan Peripheral Neuropathy Support Group
- When: 3rd Tuesday of the month. 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
- Where: Livonia Senior Center, 15218 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154.
- Contact: Len McCulloch. 248-474-2763 (extension 22).
Frontotemporal Dementia / Pick's Support Group
- When: 4th Wednesday of the month. 6:00 - 7:30 PM.
- Where: Saint Mary's Health Care. Peter M. Wege Center, Level 1, Room 14. 300 Lafayette Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- Contact: Karen S. Bugg, RN, LMSW. 616-685-5445.
- Note: Free parking in garage. Refreshments served.
Peripheal Neuropathy Support Group in Grand Rapids
- Where: St. Paul's Anglican Church at 2560 Lake Michigan Drive, Grand Rapids.
- When: 4 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of each month between March and December.
- Contact: Dorothy Teesdale, RN. (616) 897-9794. email@example.com